Thursday, May 18, 2006

The walk of life... Revisited.

May 13, 2006 : A red-letter day for some, including the author. The day arrived. The culmination of a 3 year affair with my alma mater and the transition from a student to alumnus happened on that day. A member of the Aggie family for life.

This being the first convocation in my life, (courtesy my undergrad school that believed in shipping the degree by registered post to be more practical due to whatever practical reasons); it was a fabulous experience. Here, was celebration of life and success in everyone at its pristine best.

Cheered by an audience amounting to 40,000+, inspired by the smiles in many fellow graduates, and awed by the dazzling regalia on display, this occasion would be an occasion to remember for the entire lifetime.

The key note of the convocation speech was "Things do get better eventually. However, they do not happen automatically without any effort from our side". There was a time, when this day was a mere illusion and a mirage. Things did get better with time, and I finally managed to encounter the oasis in this journey across the desert, in my search for water.

Some of my friends were able to make it for my convocation too, and make the event more special. A special thanks to one and all. It would be blasphemous to discriminate between my friends.

The dawn of a new day gives birth to a new hope and a new beginning.


PS: Not so long ago, my experience as an awed spectator can be found here.

No comments: