Friday, May 27, 2005

Tamaso Ma Jyotir Gamaya...

This blog is dedicated to abhi and others who are responsible for my coming back to blogging life.

Feelings of claustrophobia made me take the extreme step of moving my entire blogsite elsewhere. Were there any regrets? There definitely were; for the author would always love to know that his writings are infact being read by people (both known and unknown). The outreach of the blogspot has amazed me. Some wanted to know if I was a writer. Friends and acquaintances, some of who now know not much about me appreciated my simple(?) writings. They encouraged me to write. When I think of these people, I feel sad. But nevertheless cannot be helped.

I feel totally restless and uncomfortable when I think about the so many windows unknowingly created by me. Isn't this ironical. I who had always believed in letting very few people know about certain things have committed this egregious crime(?). It is difficult to not reveal oneself when writing non-fiction. Why should they know in and out about me? My fantasies, my dreams, my aspirations, my frustrations! It is all about mutual disclosure of ideas. Henceforth, this blogsite would be solely mine.

Well, to cut a long story short; I gave in to the evil side of the force.

Then it all happened. Mails from people asking me if I had brought my blogsite down. And I could detect the tinge of disappointment. Well, I am learning to be a narcissist, right? Then, there were people, whom I prefer to keep anon., who helped me see the light. Well, I promise that I would never give over to the evil side again. Let there be light, and let it spread all around.

Tamaso Ma Jyotir Gamaya
O Mother! Lead me from darkness to the path of light. We are all unified in our ignorance.

Let me end this with a wise quote from Albert Einstein
Co-operation:A hundred times a day I remind myself that my inner and outer lives are based on the labors of other people, living and dead and that I must exert myself in order to give in the same measure as I have received and am still receiving.

This is not to mean that what I am saying is right. There is no universal concept of right and wrong. I might become an open book. People might take advantage of my openness. People might hate me, love me, avoid me, want to know me, castigate me,etc. for what I write. The only thing I can promise is frankness. There might be times when I rake up controversial issues; when I offend people knowingly/unknowingly. If reading my jottings makes the people think, helps them define themselves better; I suppose then that the reason for this blogspot is fully justified. It does merit mention that I am able to define myself better courtesy these jottings.

Peace!

2 comments:

Eroteme said...

"If reading my jottings makes the people think, helps them define themselves better; I suppose then that the reason for this blogspot is fully justified."

Hmmm Fairly ambitious... Let's hope it is fruitful! :-)

Rangakrishnan Srinivasan said...

Eroteme: Nothing can be sweeter than hope, right???