Saturday, December 10, 2005

A personal note from the author...

Dear readers,

This is the first time, that I am writing from a purely personal standpoint in this blog. I am currently on an interesting journey in life - a process of rediscovering oneself; where I need to do justice to my own self, my value sytems, my family, my friends and my passions. I would be writing as and when appropriate in the true spirit of Tamaso Ma Jyotir Gamaya. I further promise that I will be as honest and frank as possible.

I am not a saint.
I am a normal human being.

I love beautiful things.
I have my own list of "hates".
I have my own share of defects.
I have my own share of pluses.

I am not a nice person at times.
I can be a nice person at times.
I can be a very good friend.
I can also kill the best of friendships.

I thought I understood people.
I thought I knew what I wanted.
I thought I knew what love was.
I thought I knew what friendship was.

I lust for erotic women.
I long for exotic women.
I commit sins.

I am virtuous in certain aspects.

I like to help people.
I take help from people.
I can be considerate.
I can be abysmally cruel.

I need to learn a lot
I can help others learn
Selfishness is a sin.
Selfishness is a virtue.

What am I?

I really don't know.

The purpose of writing this post is to highlight the difference in persona between the author and the real me. The author has written about beautiful things in life. He has freely commented on certain ways of life of the people in a cynical fashion. The reader is encouraged to keep in mind that the real me is way off from perfection. It is best not to confuse the author with the real me.

I do apologise for the tones of arrogance in the author's attitude. The real me also needs to - do a lot of groundwork, soul searching, correct defects, change ways of life for the better, learn from the life-changing lessons, connect and relate to people, love people, appreciate beautiful things in life, etc.

The undeniable affect and embrace the lives of each one of us, and the real me is no exception. The attitude with which we face the undeniable makes us stronger for the better.

All the best to everyone in this journey called life. Life should be and is beautiful, no matter what happens around us. Whatever happens, happens for a reason, for the best and at the right time. Our faculties of understanding are so very limited that it is best to let time take its own course.

Love,
Ranga

PS: This blog is dedicated to one of my best friends in life - Ms. Barathi; for her definition of a friend and all that she did as a friend. She had taken so much trouble and pain in the process and went out of the way to help me out when it really really mattered.

PS2: This is further dedicated to all my wonderful friends, who are there to share my joys and sorrows; who like me as I am (the nice and yet not-so nice person); who are so generous in giving me valuable lessons; who teach me about wonderful things in life, etc.

PS3: Such friends in life make life all the more beautiful and wonderful. I need to learn a lot from these friends of mine and do justice to the concept of a friend.

No comments: