Thursday, August 4, 2005

F.R.I.E.N.D.S

Most people know you for what you seem to be. Few know as to who you really are.

Why do we need friends? In most cases, they come into our lives, become dangerously close only to diverge. I am talking of divergence in the form of physical separation. There is a more unfortunate case of divergence, when friends part not as friends, but strangers. I would like to talk of the first scenario. I will talk about the case of dissonance and mutual severing of the relationship later on.

The world is full of people. Most times, bystanders, acquaintances and friends, serve as omens to provide us with valuable lessons of the world. At times, the lessons are only too bitter and bring forth betrayal, treachery and unhappiness. There are times, when the friendship is so so beautiful that there is amazing connectivity and resonance. Such friendships are rare to come by. Hurt is a part and parcel of this process of seeking friends. However, the soul is always on the lookout for another soul that would match it beautifully. The fear of hurt is always lurking in the corner of the mind or in the heart.

First of all, why do we have friends when we all know that we would be parting ways sooner or later, hopefully as friends. Separation and farewells are difficult but inevitable. Why do those few people who know you really really well later on turn to those strangers who not know you that well? They cannot be blamed; because a person keeps changing with the hope that the change is for the better.

Is it a difficult thing to do - being friends for life. I truly do not know. I guess that feeling needs to be mutual. As is important in any relationship - as long as there is mutual respect and love, the friendship should stand the tests of time. The only "sane" way at looking at the bigger scheme of things - We encounter so many people in our lives - as bystanders, acquaintances, friends, best friends, etc.; maybe more so to appreciate the "right" ones that come along.

PS: As a rejoinder, even the serial F.R.I.E.N.D.S. is no more so. Sadly, all beautiful things do come to an end. This really gives me the shivers. Or is it that one beautiful thing leads to another beautiful thing? I truly do not know. I would really appreciate your opinions on this bewildering topic. I must admit that this is one of the most incoherent pieces written by me. Kindly excuse that.


PS2: This blog is dedicated to all the people in my life, who have provided me with lessons. Each and every experience with another individual has brought forth its own share of joys and sorrows.

7 comments:

Maharaj said...

I guess once one learns how to handle painful emotions after trechery, heartbreak etc..one wont even think about this topic while choosing friends...because you can easily rise from the ashes..you can handle it if it ends bad. and you can get back to your life without letting it affect you...

but not going for friendship afriad of the consequences is not good i feel.

Rangakrishnan Srinivasan said...

what you say makes perfect sense.. yet, the very "handling" that you talk of, is not an easy thing to do.

the only thing that we can be sure of, is that such events provide us with valuable insights into human relationships.

Akruti said...

If i trust one word wholeheartedly then it would be Friendship.I dont think it is difficult to find friends for life,Search:) not with eyes but with your heart,It might take time but when u can connect to them the bond becomes one for a life.Nothing more wonderful than a friend who knows you,your silence,and your happiness without even u expressing it.
Thankfully i have got them in my life,after being together for 6yrs two of them had to leave for USA and another 7yrs passed,today we are miles apart but only in the physical distance,Because i know even today they r my closest and dearest of friends:) Thata what i call friends for life

PaintItRed said...

My friend, i truly appreciate these emotions... though i struggle to express myself in a similar way.... u have again ignited my desire to type... and i am gonna write something now

Rangakrishnan Srinivasan said...

Akruti: Its great that you have found friends for life. I strongly BELIEVE in the concept of friends for life. They exist. They are my precious treasures. I would do anything for them. They would do anything for me. Period.

However, the process of seeking such friends for life also involves the hurt that might ensue with betrayals. Few cross over the threshold, where you are willing to overlook whatever they do.

I must admit one thing. I do HATE separations and farewells, which I know are inevitable.

Pammie : My dear friend, thank you for your comments. This is your first one. Yeah, write, start writing, if not for others; atleast for yourself. Don't talk of struggles where you cannot express. Verbalizing all those thoughts that your mind and heart can come up with is very difficult. But, then, one should atleast try.

wookie said...

"the soul is always on the lookout for another soul that would match it beautifully" totally agree
"is it that one beautiful thing leads to another beautiful thing?"
I would say yes, since our soul is seeking the answers to various questions through our experiences in this life on earth,one beautiful thing does lead to another.

Rangakrishnan Srinivasan said...

wookie: true, very much true.

"since our soul is seeking the answers to various questions through our experiences in this life on earth,one beautiful thing does lead to another"

nicely put into words.