Saturday, June 3, 2006

Nine Months Later...

I had no answers then. I still do not have any answers.

This post is inspired, courtesy a conversation with my friend, who also happened to help me in times of dire need. He told me, "Ranga, last year same time, you had so many question marks. Now, some have cleared. A few new ones have appeared. So don't think so much. With time, the answers will emerge".

Well, this I suppose belongs to all these similar schools of thought; of divine surrender after doing our duty of the best possible efforts; whatever happens, happens for the best and at the right time; the haziness of winter gives way to springtime; the dawn of a new day signifies the birth of a new hope and a new beginning.

At no moment, are we in control of our life. So wouldn't it be better to stop planning and being totally futuristic. Isn't life all about constant improvisation, albeit within a bounded limit of what one can do (heavily analogous to the concept of Raga in Indian Classical Music).

PS: This is not the case of a defeatist attitude, though.

No comments: